The quality and usefulness of any building inspection is only as good as the knowledge and experience of the professional performing the inspection. Experience is vital since many judgments must be based on the visible evidence. Criterium-Bennett Engineers are experts at picking up subtle visual nuances which may signal a problem. Understanding the technology of buildings is also critically important to interpreting the significance of observed conditions.
Being a licensed, Professional Engineer is a career commitment and mindset guided by ethics, technical competence, clear communication and legal accountability. It is a calling.
In most states, becoming a licensed, Professional Engineer (P.E.), requires a four-year engineering degree, at least four years work experience under a Professional Engineer, passing two intensive competency exams, licensing by the state board, and ongoing maintenance, improvement of skills and continuing education throughout their career.
Each Engineer on our staff offers:
- State licensing as a Professional Engineer, an accomplishment that requires at least eight years of advanced training and experience.
- Substantial, specific experience with building construction spanning many years.
- A personal and professional commitment to serving the public as a licensed Professional Engineer.
- Active participation in ongoing training and quality control programs.
- An ethical obligation to serve only you, our client, with the highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality.
- A dedication to helping you understand your building by telling you what you need to know, in terms you can understand.
Each Criterium-Bennett engineer has invested years mastering a rigorous, demanding technical and professional discipline; this expertise and experience makes a difference for our clients and their ability to understand the buildings in which they live and work. You can trust us to ask the right questions, pay attention to detail, see and solve problems, and provide quiet wisdom you can count on. And we never forget the most important part of every building we inspect: the people who call it their home or workplace.
We work with people, so they can know their buildings.
Yes, we are proven engineering experts, but it is our ability to communicate our understanding of a building’s performance to our clients that truly sets Criterium-Bennett apart. Building real relationships with our clients matters. We understand the complicated logistics of managing multimillion-dollar development projects as well the excitement and apprehension of buying a first home. In fact, many of our engineers have worked in the building trades or served on homeowners association boards, so we relate to our clients and understand their priorities.
It’s time to talk to Criterium-Bennett Engineers
If you want practical solutions from a long-term partner with professional engineering expertise, contact us at 603-610-2446 to discuss your next project.